Having a rough Hair day or life?? The Summer heat can cause all kinds of frizzy, knotted hair-mares, but don’t fret we have an easy, homemade solution for you.
Coconut oil stimulates damaged hair to replenish itself and also moisturizes the scalp. It helps to alleviate dandruff (and even lice). This super-moisturizer is known to strengthen and nourish hair as well as protect it against harmful environmental factors. While coconut oil is clearly beneficial to hair care, you can also use it in cooking to help promote glowing care, weight loss, healthy digestion, increased immunity, diabetes prevention, among other health benefits.
You will need:
two small glass mixing bowls
- 1tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of grape seed oil
- 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice or 10 drops of lemon or grapefruit essential oil
- 10 drops of rosemary essential oil
- Place the solid coconut oil into a Pyrex bowl, then microwave it until the oil melts.
- Remove from the microwave and add 1 teaspoon of grapeseed oil to the mix.
- Next, depending on your hair color, add the following:
- For lighter tones, add 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice or 10 drops of lemon or grapefruit essential oil.
- For darker tones, add 10 drops of rosemary essential oil.
- Apply the mixture to damp hair while the oils are still warm, and place a shower cap or plastic wrap over your hair with a warm towel turban on top. You can create the warm turban by heating a towel in the dryer for a few minutes while you are making the conditioning mask.
- Kick back and relax for 10 to 20 minutes, then wash and condition hair.
Your hair will shine in the summer sun for sure!